Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Higher Calling

So Dave and I have lived in our new ward boundaries for almost a month and a half. I thought we were smooth sailing considering the other 8 new families that moved into the ward around the same time we did. Well we hadn't been forgotten, they asked us to speak in church 2 weeks ago and that wasn't as bad as i had thought it would be.

Today during Sunday School we were pulled into a room and given an official calling in the ward. David and I were called to be Nursery Leaders! YEA! I've wanted to work in the nursery for a long time. We don't have children yet so we are both totally looking forward to the interaction we'll have with the children and the best part is that we only have them for 2 hours every week :) We play and wear them out then send them home :) David will now have an excuse to bring snacks to church and I'll get to teach fun simple lessons like "We Thank Heavenly Father for our Hands". I'm gonna have a blast coming up with activities and crafts to go along with each lesson. Yeah, nap-time IS included.

I know you are probably jealous of our awesome calling :) I'm stoked!



5 comments:

Stephanie Saunders said...

Hmm... the fact that you don't have kids yet explains why you're still excited ;) I have two- you can borrow them if you like!

DR Gunderson Family said...

I'd LOVE to, they're a pair of cuties :) where are you living now? gas prices and distance will determine whether i actually can steal them for a day or two :)

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!! Kumen and I were called as nursery leaders right after we were married. I can still see those darling kids with their runny noses! It was neat to see how Kumen acted with the little ones before we had our own. It made me doubly glad that I had married him. You are so creative, Rachel, you will be great!!

Mother Goose said...

I am sooo jealous! I am cub master. I know! I just barely finished doing that job (I mean Mike just finished that job). And Mike is the Young Men's President!!!!

The Bozemans said...

Jill just got called to the Young Women's presidency, and she only just got out of there! Haha. We were suspecting that she would get called to the nursery, but nope!